All prospective Merit Badge Counselors must:
· be registered with the Council and have passed their background check,
· complete “Youth Protection Training”
· complete and submit for approval the “Merit Badge Counselor Information” form,
· be approved to counsel the Merit Badge and
· be added to the “Merit Badge Counselor List.”
Only after the prospective Merit Badge Counselor appears on the “Merit Badge Counselor List” can they begin to counsel the approved Merit Badge. A new list is generated monthly and can be obtained from our District Commissioneer staff or from the Mike Whitner, District Advancement Chair.